Saturday, August 12, 2017

Messing around recovery/ potentiation

     Slept HORRIBLE the night before last (Thursday), probably one of the worst ever. Couldn't get to sleep until ~10, woke up at midnight for a few minutes then 1:00, 2:00 and at 3:00 finally got up. I was constantly in that weird place where you think you're awake but then you wake up. So I took yesterday off. Plus when I woke up it was 46 degrees. Whatever.
     Today I felt better and jogged down to the soccer field and just did some general loosening and activation. Fire hydrants which feel and look absolutely ridiculous but are excellent for glute activation. In the future I will not be doing those on public school grounds. A set of isometric Bulgarian splits squats and then two sets done oscillatory. Dynamic/ explosive leaps down into an isometric hold. Everything felt OK. I'm probably going to race this coming Thursday so I plan on just doing one more harder split 400 session either tomorrow or Monday and then I'll rest. With only two more races left this year (outdoor) I feel I need to set myself up not to fail by simply being fatigued. My loose goal for this race will be under 56".

No comments: